Saturday, April 11, 2009

Testimonial from a Butter Balls user.

And now for the rest of the story...

I purchased this product directly through the distributor/inventor after reading the many posts here. I own my own business that designs, prototypes, and builds various small items for multiple industries. I have used/tested this product and also tried the humidification method of undimpling paintballs. Here is what I observed/tested;
The product goes on wet but dries within about 15 minutes. It creates an extremely smooth, almost shiny surface on the ball. The surface drag co-efficient (wind resistance, surface friction) changes to the point that you can actually feel the difference. It is like a very thin coat of teflon has been applied to the ball. unlike the shower/humidity treatment, the ball size remains unchanged. The humidity and warmth caused my marbalizers to swell 0.02" on average and softened the ball. The Butterball treatment actually made the ball surface a little more brittle. This product definitely uses a increase in surface tension on the ball surface to remove the dimples. spraying on finger tips shows this the best as you can feel the area sprayed start tightening almost immediately and upon drying there seems to be no friction between finger and thumb when rubbed together. (if you want to try this you must wave hands in the air to get the stuff to dry)

The Result;
my marbalizers from last season were dented (not really dimpled, bigger dents) from sitting. it took only one hour after application to have my balls return to their original shape. I shot a pod of treated and untreated from the same unopened bag from last august. (Marbalizers rarely break, for those of you who have never used them) They are a really small bore ball. Shooting a stock ion with a 20" J&J ceramic barrel, 12 BPS ramping, egg hopper, I broke only 1 of the treated balls, but broke about 1 in 12-15 of the untreated(10 breaks total from the full hopper). I then proceeded to treat some stinger rec quality balls I had left over too, with similar impressive results.

Also it should be noted that the balls shoot straighter and further after treatment.

After treating 2 bags (1000 balls) I used less than 1/20th of the bottle contents.

No comments:

Post a Comment